Saturday, October 09, 2004

Recently back from OCSI Camp

We were totally blessed to be a part of the camps at Okinawa Christian School International. We had a host of people help from CCOkinawa. Tim Newell headed up the middle school camp the theme was "ignite the Soul" and he did a great job. This was a stretching time for Tim since this was the first time he was in charge of leading the whole camp. He was the worship leader and the guest speaker at all the sessions, but he was blessed.
At the High school end, I was able to take a host of leaders, Damien is CCO's high school leader and he taught a few of the sessions. The theme of our camp was "Survivor" so we taught on different areas such as Surviving school, surviving home, surviving relationships and so on, the sessions were great. I totally came under demonic attack at the camp, the first afternoon we arrived I became sick, after the noon session, I was throwing up and my stomach was aching. By the end of the night I had a fever and was drained physically. That night was long, but the next day I began to feel better. As the camp went on, my strength increased and by the end of the camp I was feeling almost normal. Our goal of the camp was to strengthen the believers and the Lord did a great job. We are looking forward to other retreats in the following months ahead. Okinawa has wonderful retreat centers designed for youth. In fact the facilities are free all you have to pay for is their meals and they are reasonable (Japanese food yummmmy!)

Pastor Tommy

No comments: