Monday, January 02, 2006

Last day at the Hacienda Del Rey






December 31st, 2005 ended the last day of work at the restaurant that my Father and Mother have owned for the past 35 years. I grew up around the restaurant all my life. My first job in the restaurant was washing dishes and interesting enough, my last job there was also washing dishes. Zach has been working at the restaurant for the last 3 weeks, and he needed a day off, so Hannah and I worked a Saturday morning for him. Another interesting fact for me, is that I began washing dishes there at the age of 15, and Zach at 15 began his first job at the same place, doing the same job. Amazing! God has blessed my family so much here at the restaurant. For many, you know that the church Livingwater first held Sunday morning services in the Banquet room upstairs. Through the years, my father has blessed the church in so many ways that I cannot keep track.
In the picture above, Joanna is serving the customers waitressing. To the bottom right is my favorite meal, and in the middle is Joanna and Michal's favoite meal. (Carneasada burrito enchilada style) To the upper right is Zach holding down the fort. I am so proud of how hard he worked helping out my dad all the way to the last day. In fact, I am so appreciative of Joanna, Hannah and Michal, they helped my mother and father in so many, many, ways. Please keep my Mom and Dad in your prayers. My prayer is that my mother will grow in the grace and knowlege of Jesus Christ and my Father would come to know Jesus as his Personal Lord and Savior. God bless you all, Pastor Tommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo many good memories and good food! My two fav's... chicken and rice burrito & chimichanga's.... plus the best abondegas soup in the world... love to senior Riuz and family! - rick

Anonymous said...

Zach, I want to give you a big kiss for being a good little boy