Saturday, March 01, 2008

Encouraging words from Tamiko




For many of you, you know Tamiko Murakami. Recently she posted an article on her blog that was very encouraging. Tamiko is from Okinawa and has completed two semesters here at CCBC Okinawa. But this semester she is attending school at CCBC Seigen Germany. Please read her article below:
"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity."
I have kind of known this verse for the past few years now, and I think this is the verse that CCBC Okinawa prints on the shirts and stuff. It's cool how He brings back a verse from time to time, and everytime He reveals something new. Until yesterday, the only thing that I really remember from this verse was "Let no one despise your youth" I didn't bother to stop and really think what the rest of the verse said...He showed me this verse last December. I have it marked in my Bible...
Yesterday, my roommate gave me a card with this verse written on the top...she had "believers" underlined. First time through, I just skimmed through the verse thinking, "Yeah, I know this verse. It's a cool verse." I re-read the verse a few more times throughout the day.
And it sparked in me today.
"An example to the believers"
As much as I want to be an example to the unbelieverse, I first need to be an example to my brothers and sisters in Christ. He put me into this place right now in this season. I am constantly with believers, and I can't get away from this place.
It's been pretty neat this week or I could even say interesting. So many people are going through stress. Our room seems to be the prayer room where people stop by when they feel so weak. It just reminds how much I need to pray for everyone. The enemy always has his watch on us, waiting for the perfect time to pull on our back. I don't know if I would experience any of the things they are going through, but He's doing something in each of our hearts. It's been neat how He has been showing me different things day to day. I have been enjoying spending more time alone than ever before. Just sit in quietness and peace and meditate over the things that happening and think it through.
So with all this said, my prayer is that I will be able to be a light, a blessing, an encouragement, and an example to my fellow students.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tamiko, that is awesome stuff there girl. Encourage means to impart courage to one another. What a gift to give someone! Whether it's a phone call, a prayer, a note, or a hug, whatever method of encouragement you choose to give to someone, give generously!
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Heb 10:24
And may God continue to encourage you too with words of love and promise. God Bless you, Patti

Anonymous said...

God bless you Tommi! Awesome how the Lord's speaking to and using you somewhere so far away.
Say hi to Gersh for me.
See you soon,
Joe