Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Beloved Brother


Sunday our dear brother Eric when home to be with the Lord. With a heavy heart I write to you this article. I have know Eric for many years and have had the privilege of being there with him in the beginning when he planted Calvary Creekside. We spoke many times together about missions and the work that the Lord put on his heart. Before I came back to Okinawa this last January, I was able to spend some time with him in the hospital. He made me laugh with his huge smile and funny words, but he also made me cry when he gave me personal words of encouragement. I asked him what he wanted me to say to the people in Okinawa, he said "Tell them to go hard for God, give them "God"zilla". We laughed and laughed and laughed, then when I left him I cried. I thought to myself, "Yes, that is why I am here in Japan, to give the Okinawan Japanese people the hope of Eternal life". Time is short, we have just a few years left, and then it is over, death or the Rapture, we will be with the Lord. Like many of you who knew Pastor Eric, we love him and are deeply going to miss this beautiful, wonderful brother. For those of you who are interested in sending a love gift, or helping out the Sorien family in any ways, you can click on their website to get more information. www.calvarycreekside.com Love, Pastor Tommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about Pastor Eric tonight on the Pastor's Perspective radio show. It struck me particularly hard, as our Pastor Bill Cates also died on Sunday, about the same age, and also of brain cancer, after a valiant battle. He was the pastor of Ellenville Assembly of God in NY. My husband and I moved from Ontario, CA area 5 years ago, and attended Harvest in Riverside.

Susi said...

Hi Tommy. Susan Sorian here. Thank you for your beautiful words. Eric continued to share his heart to the end! My daughter, Katie, had a dream the night before he left us that he was gone, but she still saw him teaching - his life and his words will continue to teach us!!! Love you guys! Please pray for the Memorial Service on Monday, especially for the family's participation in it, and also for salvation of the lost souls attending!!!! Thank you!!

Susi said...

We (family) are leading a short worship session at the beginning of the service, and in case you didn't know, Royce is leading worship later, and he also wrote a song in honor of Eric that he will be singing!! Since it is at CCCHils, they can record (video) the whole thing, and if you would like, I'll send you one.