Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dangerous Encounter


The other day I was Paddle Surfing at Tropical Beach Wharf. When I was paddling out, I felt that I was dragging something in my leash. I looked back but did not see anything and eventually the sound disappeared. After finishing my time in the water I headed back to the dock. While I was wrapping my leash, I felt this pain in my wrist and I looked down and saw this clear tentacle. With difficulty I pealed it away from my wrist. It began to throb and swell instantly. Quickly I applied first aid (some of you know what I am talking about). It was a small piece of the tentacle left from the box jelly fish that was caught in my leash and I was dragging for a time. The Box jelly fish is one of the most deadly animals in the ocean, causing paralysis and respiratory failure. I just Praise the Lord that I was not caught in its tentacles but just experienced a piece of the leftover on the leash. This was the mark that was left over after the swelling went down. As of late I have some blisters and the mark remains.

1 comment:

heavy love said...

YIKES!!!!!!




daniel in Sin city