Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Restoring the Guitar

DSC09266DSC09264DSC09274 About 5 months ago I was searching at a recycle shop in Okinawa (one of my favorite things to do) and I came upon this old beat up guitar. The body was good and solid, but it was dirty, missing some tuners, no strings, or fretbar. I knew that it was going to be a good guitar but needed some work. I have been shopping around looking for another broken guitar to get some parts off of it. But with no good results. Finally I found the parts that I needed and thus started to work. It was really dirty, I need to put some guitar polish and oils to restore the finish. Once I put the new strings on it was ready to play. Whalla! It sounded beautiful! Here is some spiritual juice; that is the way God found us, in the recycle shop of life. We were all beat up, not really worth anything, but then God purchased us. He cleaned us up, put in some new parts, and there you go. We are a new creation in Christ.

No comments: