Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Homemade Tortilla’s

When I was young (little boy) my mom used to make use homemade tortillas. Well for some reason she started making them again, she said that she has not make them in about 30 years. What made her start cooking them again? She said that she found her old rolling pin, my dad used to work at Kaiser steel and he had his friend cut this stainless steel pipe and sand it down making it into a rolling pin for my mom. When my mom brought out the rolling pin it brought back all kinds of memories for me. I remember using that pin for a hammer when I was working on something, it was like “go get the rolling pin I need to hammer something”. My mom said that it all came back to her. Now making flour tortilla’s is not easy, but there she was making the dough, rolling them out, heating them up, she make 3 dozen, from start to finish 45 minutes, I was amazed, and my stomach was happy!

2 comments:

R Diaz P said...

Hi Pastor Tom this is Eder's dad isn't great how a simple thing like that can bring back so many memories?
God bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

May the Lord continue to bless her, not every women can make them now days.