Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Dear Friend Gone


Today I found out that a good friend of mine, Brad Cooley, passed away. It is hard to write in words how I feel right now. Time passes by so fast, at one point you are talking and hanging out together laughing and fellowshipping. Then years pass by and you loose contact, you hear tid bits every now and then but things are not like they used to be. Life goes on, new people, new contacts, even different continents separate you. You remember when your kids were the same age, but then they too grow up and start new lives on their own. But you still remember the person. You remember hanging out, lunches, vacations, dumb stuff. When you are young you don't think about death that much, but as you get older you think of it more often; you realize that you are getting older and when you hear of acquaintances who die, it shocks you, but when a friend dies that is close to you, a part of you feels like it is gone too. Even though Brad and I were not that close in the last few years, you are going to still miss his tender heart, his funny laugh and his spontaneous actions. I love you Brad and I look forward to seeing you in Heaven. I know that you love Jesus and you are there with Him in His presence. I don't write this for you but really for me, to help me deal with the emptiness inside.

No comments: