Monday, January 02, 2012

My New Sword

I was reminded and challenged by Henry Blackaby to "seek a new revelation from God daily". Honestly, when I read my old Bible I found myself looking over past revelations, what God did in the past and not looking for new revelation in His Word. So I purchased a new Bible. It was super hard parting with the old one. A few years ago I spent a lot of money putting on a new leather cover, but I am realizing that again the revelation from God has to be new every morning. To God be the Glory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"In the Bible God offers us some spiritual 'training' which builds us up inside in much the same way as physical exercise and discipline can build us up on the outside. But, like exercise or training in martial arts, we must be consistent in our reading of Scripture and diligent in its application to the situations and circumstances around us."
-- Billy Graham