Friday, May 20, 2005

Clear example through Scripture


Have you ever heard these words before "use it, or lose it"? Well I like the words of Jesus better "do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal" Matthew 6:19. This is exactly what happens to clothes that you do not wear in Okinawa and leave them unused in the closets. Because the humidity is high in Okinawa, sometimes your clothes will grow mold or mildew if you do not use them. This is what happened to a few of my dress shirts that I have not used in 9 months. Because I work at a school, I am required to wear dress pants and collared shirts (I usually wear Aloha surf shirts) and my dress shirts, well I never wear. But the other day, I took a few of them out, and I noticed that they were destroyed. It is interesting, in the Scriptures the word destroy means to "eat away at" could Jesus have been talking also about mold. Well it went to show me, a good lesson, there are things that I don't use and I am just storing them up here on earth. Unused treasures, when I should be storing things up in Heaven. Another good lesson, to many clothes that I don't even use, they just sit there, taking up space. Are there things in your house that are just taking up space? Some things to think about. Let's store up our treasures in Heaven.Posted by Hello

No comments: